Sunday, October 08, 2006

A beautiful Sunday stroll...

Took a little ride today to Westbury Gardens. My border collie was entered in an agility trial which he took first place in. YAY! I was able to take a stroll through this beautiful property and around the tremendous mansion.

My Chance.


Chance trying his hardest to get a date.


There was a dog cemetery in the gardens that had some stones from the early 1900s.



One of the guardians of the garden.


What a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. I will definately have a return trip during different times of the year to see the array of foliage and blooms.



Through the paths that reminded me of "the Shining" I came across this statue.


I couldn't help but think in an English accent: "I say, this hurts quite a bit."


This lily was in the garden.


The color of this flower against the blue sky was breath-taking.


As well as these purple and pink beauties.




I thought I'd share this pic of my summer retreat...
*locks hands in prayer and buys lotto ticket. (are you not supposed to do that?)


A guardian of the mansion.


A straw roof cottage at the "children's play area."


There are lakes on either side of the mansion. A trail leads around the larger lake and this bridge was at the far end.


The grounds are tremendous and there was so much that I still want to explore. Until the next time...

6 comments:

MCF said...

The blue flower against the blue sky is no joke. That first portrait of the dog is great too. I definitely need to check this place out in the future.

Jerry Novick said...

I so much want a handsome dog like your border collies.

Mrs.Write says "a very good maybe" to getting one once we sell our co-op and buy a house.

Anybody want to buy a co-op so I can get a dog?

Jerry Novick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cube said...

A beautiful and quiet place.

BTW the god-like statue reminds me of Neptune... I know he's not under water, but, hey, maybe he comes up for air now and then ;-)

cube said...

A beautiful and quiet place.

BTW the god-like statue reminds me of Neptune... I know he's not under water, but, hey, maybe he comes up for air now and then ;-)

cube said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to repeat myself.

Sorry, I didn't mean to repeat myself.

;-)