Saturday, February 17, 2007

Another Dirty Dog...

Momma dog thought it would be fun to run around the slushy-muddy-dirty-filthy yard. So what are we to do when she wants to come back into the house? BAAAATH TIIIME!!!


I couldn't let her walk across the house and up the steps to the tub so I wrapped her in a towel and climbed the flight of steps.


She gets a once over with water to loosen up any dirt and to prep her for a sudzing.


You can see the dirt just falling off before we even add soap.


Their long hair requires a deep clean and she enjoys a deep scritching.


We lather every inch of her taking care to really get her white.


At this point my wife started to hose her down to ge the soap out... and just like that the water pressure drops to nada and I'm thinking "OH S***! Pipe burst." I checked around the house but didn't hear any running water. I went to my neighbor's and listened at the water main on the way. Both neighbors had no water either. Turns out a main busted down the road and they shut off the water to work on it (I called the water authority to find out... btw, thanks for letting us know)


So what are we to do now? We have to get the soap out of her before it starts to irritate her skin. So, I get all the water from the Brita in the refrigerator... as well as the water from any Poland Spring bottles I had and heated the water on the stove. Then we poured the water on her and worked it through her coat to get out as much soap as we could.


Then we dried her with towels knowing that when the water comes back on we have to re-rinse her. She was trying to tell us we missed a spot...


She always loves a rubbing.


And a nuzzling...


Because her fur is so thick we use a high bower blower to blow the water out of her coat. It does not heat the air like a hair dryer but works more like a shop vac in reverse. It actually feels really good. Like a massage.


Some of her expressions are priceless... maybe warm air wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.


All clean and ready to play....


...and ready to roll.


Before I could get this blog up the water was turned back on and I had to rinse, dry, and blow her out all over again. I have to say I think I confused her a bit. Until next time...

2 comments:

Darrell said...

She sure does better in the tub than either of our dogs. Both of ours try to force their way back out like stubborn bulls. Nice pics!

Anonymous said...

your dog is so sweet! I have a dog also and I know that I have no other better friend like him.