Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cheating a little today....

I've been helping my father in law install a new front door, frame, and stormdoor... before the Noreastern hits. I will have pics shortly, but as you can see its after 11:30 and we are at this for about 12 hours now. Just needed to get the post up before midnight and then I will update it.
=====================

So, this story starts a week ago when a wind caught my screen door off guard and ripped apart the door frame. With the storm coming I knew I needed to get this fixed and had to cancel plans with my buds. We were supposed to go paintballing and then to see "The World's Most Famous Unknown Band" The Good Rats and some pole dancers. But I had to miss out on both :( My father-in-law arrived around noon and we hit the Home Depot for supplies before returning to start the removal of the old frame and what turned out to be about a fourteen hour job.







New frame and saddle in place but taking longer than I thought it would.


Ten o'clock PM and we are prepping the new screen door.


Parts, parts, and more parts.


I realized at 11:30 that I better get something posted otherwise it would be the first time I missed a daily post in 45 days. But I made it! :) At around 2am Sunday my door is in place, my father-in-law is on his way home, and I am prepping pictures for all of you. We finished just before the rain started and i just have to put some minor finishing touches on the screen door.


I need some sleep now though because were hitting Grindhouse Sunday around noon. Until tomor...uhh...today...g'night.

5 comments:

Cliff said...

judging by the results, your FIL is a mastercraftsman and worthy of his hire.

MCF said...

OK, I GUESS I believe your excuse now. ;-)

Jamie Dawn said...

It's too bad you don't get paid by the hour for work you do for yourself. :(
I hope the storm passes quickly.
I've heard it's a doozie!!

b13 said...

Cliff: indeed

mcf: I told you so...

JamieD: Yes, yes, and yes

Rachel said...

Looks great and just in time!