Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bitchin' Camaro...

I came across some slides that I took in high school and the following were of my first true love. These pictures are about 18 years old.

I bought this cherry a month before my 17th birthday and dropped the plates on the day that I got my drivers license.

I had taken the day off of school for my drivers test and my first excursion on my own was to the high school to show off my ride and to pick up my girl.

This '77 Chevy had a 305 8-cylinder engine with a 4-barrel carburetor. It was jet black with chrome bumpers, dual exhaust and dark tinted windows. The interior was a deep-blood-red. It had rims that reminded me of the General Lee and air shocks in the rear that could give the car a little extra lift. The engine didn't purr... it GROWLED!





After a couple of fun years I sold it and bought my '68 Skylark...
But that's another tale.

3 comments:

Carletta said...

Unbelievable - my first car was a brand new 76 after college. Mine was Candy Apple Red. Kept it for years - thanks for the memories.
I should look for a picture. :)

sealaura said...

Great picture. May sounds cheesy but the photo transmits a great vibe. It took me to the location and time when this baby was cruising.

Anonymous said...

I still remember hearing that Growl coming down my street. Always new you were coming before you actually arrived. :-)