Saturday, April 05, 2008

Abandoned...

Where have all the children gone? : HT to Blimpy



When I took this picture, the phrase "Where have all the children gone?" stuck in my head. It was March 11th. I had never seen Blimpy's site before, but when I searched for that phrase tonight I found his post... dated March 10th. Weird.

On another note... did you all see Oprah tonight? She did an episode to expose the horror of puppy mills. I know of these evils but could not hold back tears.

99.9% of pet store dogs are from puppy mills. Go to a shelter, rescue, or a reputable breeder and get references. I'll step off my soap box now... but the ball is in your court.

6 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Scary, Was there an icecream truck in the area..?? LOL
Sorry I missed Operah, Really wanted to see that episode too.. bummer.Maybe I can find it online.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That's a great picture....! It's like the "bell" rang and all the kids went back into school....!

I was going to watch that and I just couldn't. These things are so very upsetting...I think it is GREAT that she did this show. Making people aware of this horrible business.

Fenway said...

I made myself read the Oprah page, simply to pay tribute to all those poor dogs. It was a rough read. I am continually astounded that anyone can treat animals that way

If there is really a god out there, I have to thank him/her/it for helping me find the most wonderful puppy who came from the most wonderful breeders with the most wonderful mama dog.

Ming the Merciless said...

I didn't see the episode but saw the promos for it. It looked very disturbing.

Anna said...

I love Stacey's comment. I started a new project on my blog...come and check it out and maybe participate?

Lilli & Nevada said...

I wasn't able to watch it, as i knew she was having it on. it is so sad. Being an animal lover and having 11 pets of my own this is so horrible for me to see.
I had a lady that was here at the motel a few yrs ago that worked in a pet store and she ended up turning the store in because she new the puppy's were not being taken care of.