Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baby's breath...

Losing a child must be the worst thing in life to live through. A friend of mine lost his grandson yesterday. He went to sleep but didn't wake up. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these turbulent times.

A Mothers' Prayer
An emptyness that I now feel,
since you left I love you still.
For you the pictures I have drawn,
but my pain goes on and on.

I miss you now, but your with God
And I know your near.
Listen as I pray at night,
for you will always hear.

If I had one wish come true,
My only wish would be for you.
To hold you in my arms once more,
Tell you I love you, forever and more.

And now my son if I may near,
I'm saying that I love you dear
with all my loving heart,
I'll never forget you,
I loved you from the start!

© Sara Gwaltney All Rights Reserved



4 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

I'm so sorry to read of your friend's loss. That must be the hardest thing ...to lose your child.

The poem is very touching...

Also- the post below this one touched me.(Is that you and your dad?)

I lost my mom 4 years ago this past January-and although she lived to be very old (94) it was hard for me to let her go! I have a blog all about my early memories of my mom and that helped me get through the pain!

Junie

b13 said...

That's me and my pop many years ago. My sister took the picture of us and I didn't know about it untill just a few years ago. It quickly became one of my favorites.

Rachel said...

My heart goes out to your friend and his family. What an sad loss.

Jamie Dawn said...

How absolutely horrible!
Because my hubby has been a minister for many years, we've walked through illnesses, deaths, funerals, and grief with many people. The hardest ones have been when a child dies. There was one in particular that nearly wiped my hubby and me out. She was the three year old daughter of our dear friends. Her mom was on her way to our house with her kids for a visit, and they were struck by a truck. Everyone survived with minor injuries except for little Sara who was killed. It was so awful. It's beyond understanding.
I am sending a prayer up for that family who lost that precious child. I'm so sorry for them.