Saturday, June 09, 2007

A rose is a rose is a rose...

Today I did a little experiment with color and hue and the lack thereof.

First I shot a rose at night with a flash... which blasted it full of light and made this red rose seem magenta.


Here is an illustrated, almost cartoonish (is this a word?) look. Saturation was maxed and lightness was dropped to knock out the background.


When saturation is dropped to minimal and lightness is increased you get an image that looks similar... but not quite like it was taken with an infrared filter. Some other examples as well. I really need to get me one of these lenses.


The last three are hue adjustments to get roses of a different color.




3 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

I love what you did with the rose!

I have a lot of roses growing at my place and they 'star' in my blog often!

You have a very interesting blog!

I loved viewing the Thunderbirds in flight!

Junie Rose

Jamie Dawn said...

Looks like you had FUN playing around!
Love those rose pics!

Anonymous said...

That was pretty cool.