Monday, October 22, 2007

5 weeks young...

They get so big, so fast. I freaked out this weekend because I had the pups out back and as I was taking them inside I only counted nine!

You know how you might lose the TV remote... and after checking the cushions in the couch twice, you keep going back in case it magically appears? Well I counted those same nine pups at least five times while scouring the yard, driveway, fence line and tearing up a few planks from my deck stairs in search of puppy number ten.

I finally figured out that the pup had crawled under the deck from the front and climbed over a beam to hide in a space between the beams (about 3 feet out of my reach.) All I could see was a white muzzle of a sleeping puppy from the side of the deck. I used B-B-Q tongs to move the pup close to the beam and then reached in and over the beam from the front. And, no, I didn't clamp them on the puppy. LOL. I just nudged her in the right direction.

Now she has shown her brothers and sisters the opening and they all go in there. Inquisitive little pups they are. Check the video at the end to see what I have to contend with :)

I have little razor teeth...


Mammas' work is never done...


One small step for man...


Whadda' ya' mean "No more food?"...


First high five...


YAAAAAWN...


I'm pup-eye the collie dog...


Mmmmmmm... toe!


Down I say! DOWN!


My first fall...


Nice place for a nap...


A pause for paws...


Lap nuzzle...


Grrrr... I said, I have teeth!


I found a stick...


I found a bolt...


I found another PUP!


Tug-o-war...



3 comments:

MCF said...

I can't believe in a few weeks they'll be too big for me to juggle.

Um, not that I did that when I visited. I just watched them and kept counting to 10. I also thought it was funny that whenever mama came running over, it wasn't concern for her pups, but concern that I wasn't paying attention to her. =)

myonlyphoto said...

Wow, cute pups, must be fun taking care not just one but ten of them. Its probably fun watching then all the time, as they explore the world. Sometimes I wish puppies never reached the adulhood, they are just so adorable. Anna :)

Rachel said...

Oh how precious!! I just want to cuddle them all. They are so sweet!! Loved all the pictures and the video!