Thursday, October 11, 2007

Looking back... (cell pic)

People always say "Don't look back." But I disagree. I like looking back... at all the good times... as well as the bad. The nights that our "pack" of friends played manhunt till the wee hours. The days of roller hockey in the freezing rain. The nights out with girlfriends and nights out with the one that became my wife. The concerts with loud music and the accompanying mosh pits :)

Times with family... weddings, funerals, holidays, sitting out on the balcony in Brooklyn. Thanksgiving at my grandparents. Discussing politics and watching ballgames.

Speeding and getting caught. Speeding and crashing. Speeding.

Dodgeball in high school. King of the hill. Wearing biker jackets. Piercings, tattoos, and long hair. Shaving my head. Going new wave. Going Punk.

Getting beat up and also holding my own. Working out and getting buff. Eating and getting fat. Back. Forth. Back. Forth.

Pets. Parakeets. Gerbil. Snake. Turtles. Lizards. Fish. Hermit crabs. Dogs.

Video games. Spending money at arcades. Silkworm, Arkanoid, Russian Attack. Pac Man. Systems. Nintendo. Playstation. Xbox. 360. Ghost Recon. Halo. Too many games to list.

The Towers... Never forget.

Remember...always look back.

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

Beautiful reflections...in your writing and the pic.

You made me remember King of the Hill. We played that game on our front lawn and my older brother was always King. Then there was Red Rover and Mother May I. Those were fun times.

JunieRose2005 said...

I like the sunset pic-and all your reflections too!

Hopefully, we all have more good memories than bad...but as you say...
there's things we should never forget- perhaps-especially the bad!

I agree!


"The Towers... Never forget."


Junie

carmilevy said...

Amen to the photos and the sentiment. We look back because appreciating where we've come from allows us to better plan where we're going.

I'll never forget the towers, either. Or the Holocaust. Or any of the other milestones of human history that should have taught us that we need to strive for better.

Thanks for the timely, apt reminder.