Sunday, November 25, 2007

Carnival squash...

I saw this in the produce aisle.



Tomorrow, I will split it in half and bake it at 350° F for 40 minutes.



It will compliment my vegetable Aglio Et Olio dinner.



Aglio Et Olio is a garlic and oil topping for pasta. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil (virgin if your taste buds can handle it) in a deep pan or wok and add garlic (I use 5-6 cloves sliced in halves.) That with some salted water is pretty much it... but I add red pepper, zucchini and yellow squash to the oil and cover so that it keeps the moisture in.

While this is simmering I boil the water for the pasta. Add some oil to the water so the pasta won't stick together. Once boiling, add salt and take two or three ladles of the salted water and put it in with the vegetables in the wok. You can add a little salt, pepper or Italian seasoning to taste but it really isn't necessary.

Cook the pasta so it is al dente (firm but not hard.) While this is cooking put some breadcrumbs in a skillet over low to medium heat and sauté till golden brown (they can burn quickly so keep an eye on 'em.)

Strain the pasta and cover with the vegetable Aglio Et Olio. Sprinkle the roasted breadcrumbs on top and top with parmigiano reggiano.

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the finished meal... well, before I finish it ;)

1 comment:

JunieRose2005 said...

B13- this sounds very yummy! I LOVE pasta dishes! And anything Italian!! Don't forget to make some pics of this!

Junie