Monday, February 09, 2009

New digs...

I've got something new. I actually got it towards the end of December... but after some snowfall and salted roads I wanted to wait for a nice day and a washing before photographing it. I've never owned a "NEW" car before... and since this is a lease I guess I still don't. (In theory) ;) I had always bought used and it feels good to not have to worry about repairs.


The last time I posted about my Celica I had reached the 170,000 mile mark. As of December I was over 194,000 miles. It was on the verge of needing a new transmission and the sunroof started to leak badly; so it was time for something "NEW!"


There were a few things I had wanted that I mentioned in that last post. I admit that the car has a bit of "oomph" although I would love to have a bit more (I'm getting the manual transmission next time.) And I didn't get a convertible. This one doesn't even have a sunroof. But in about two years I'll trade up and possibly get more of what I want. (I just reread this and I make myself sick.)

2 comments:

Olly Hitchen said...

I've never owned a new car, but did once own a new motorbike. Such a nice feeling to get something new (to you at least), even if it is second hand. Loving the numberplate too :o) Is that road legal :op

b13 said...

I really need to get a custom plate ;)