Thursday, March 08, 2007

A milestone...

Driving home last night I realized that my odometer was about to reach a new mark.

I drive a 94 Celica and I love my car. It drives as if it is new and other than regular maintenance it has been a great little sports car. I bought it used with around 45K miles on it and it was a big deal to me when I reached 100K. Then 125K...150K...160K...Now I get excited every time I see a new set of zeros appear. I keep talking about getting a new car because:
1. I've been driving this car for 11 years.
2. I want something with a little more "oomph."
And...
3. I would like a convertible.

But I think I would have to keep this little cherry as well to see just how high I can get that odometer to read. Anyway, I noticed on the way home yesterday that I was approaching another level but made it home just short of the mark. So I went in to the house figuring I would snap some pics on the way to work.

Which brings us to the morning... I had a meeting at work that I needed to attend so I made it a point to get up early, shave, and leave some time to stop for the photos... and upon turning the key I realized that i had left the interior light on... all... night... long :( Luckily my neighbor was home and gave me a jump and I was on my way.

Luck was on my side and the meeting was delayed by a half hour. On the way to work though I snapped these two pics not far from my house.



And when I went to lunch with some friends I noticed what the mileage was when i pulled in to the parking lot at work... I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, Toyota's are good cars! Your's is living proof!

Jamie Dawn said...

That's SOME car!

200,000 isn't too far off.