Thursday, July 24, 2008

Found...

After one of my outings, and a long hike, I went back to my car. Something sparkled in the driver's seat and caught my eye. I picked it up and rolled it around between my thumb and index finger. I wasn't sure what it was, or how it got there, but I wanted to take pictures so I could see it up close.

I took the little clear sphere home and placed it on a printed piece of
junk mail. I then placed a quarter next to it to show how small this thing
actually is.


It isn't quite perfect... shows a few scars and fissures... but it captured the sunlight "just right." Maybe it is perfect in it's own special way. Be sure to click both of these images to see the desktop sized images.


I could not bring myself to part with this little treasure and it now sits cushioned in a small jewelery box. Maybe I'll revisit it again with my camera from a different angle.

3 comments:

Nestor Family said...

As a crafter-type person, I might say that this is a small micro-bead. I have used them in cardmaking.

Good photo of it here! Anxious to see what else you might come up with.

Anna said...

Great shot! This coin reminds me of the new Batman!

Darrell said...

I've learned from my dogs that if you find something interesting, you don't know what it is, and the smell of it doesn't offend you, the best thing to do is just eat it and then continue looking for other cool stuff.