Friday, August 01, 2008

Cloverfield 2?...

If you haven't heard... Long Island has a MONSTER!



Gawker posted this photo on Tuesday. They assume it's a fake because it came from Alanna Navitski who works for a viral-marketing firm.

She insists the monster of Montauk is real and says she got the photo from a friend of her sister who actually saw the monster on the beach. Supposedly it was buried in a back lot on "someone's" property.



Now it would be cool if this thing was real but I'm calling bullsh*t. The shadow by the right of the head may have been created by the flash of a camera but I don't think it would have fired with the sun in front of the photographer. And unless we have a second sun that I haven't noticed I am thinking its an imperfect Photoshop™ job.

With Cloverfield having been located on Manhattan island and clips showing Coney Island... I am hoping this is the start of a new viral campaign for Cloverfield 2.

It's CREEPY none-the-less.
Move over Amityville... we have a new horror to contend with.

*These photos are not mine and have been used from multiple sources.

An updated image from another angle looks very dog like and you can now see that there really was no beak... The three women say that the creature has decomposed and is in a box. They are hoping a scientist can check it out. What's the holdup? Again, I call bullsh*t. Too bad... because I love this kind of stuff.



And what's with that color shift? I was really hoping for a movie tie-in ;) ...but I'm leaning toward an unfortunate dog :(

3 comments:

Fenway said...

Nice detective work on the bogus shadows.

This looks suspiciously like a hairless cast member from the B movie, "Attack of the Killer Shrews" that was on TCM last night.

Yeah, wish it were true, too.

Darrell said...

I'm with ya, I love this kind of stuff, too .... but I also agree that this ain't no sea-monster. I saw another site that had pictures of a raccoon skull, theorizing that this is just a drowned, bloated, long-dead raccoon. (details)There is nothing in the picture to give relative size, so this think could be anywhere from one foot to fifteen feet long. Why knows? Fun story, though. And good catch on the shadows. Somebody call Mulder and Scully and tell them "Nevermind."

Ming the Merciless said...

Labs use dogs for experiment all the time and maybe this was just a bad genetic accident. Nonetheless, not a fun thing to find in anyone's backyard.