Monday, July 09, 2007

Maryland roadtrip...

We took a weekend trip to the Baltimore and surrounding areas of Maryland. On the way we saw a Mustang on a Yukon... ok it was a small mustang.


Then we saw a van converted into... something...


Heading into Baltimore...


I had to take a few shots in the tunnel.


We found the town of Ellicott and had a fantastic lunch. We found some small shops and antique dealers along the main road. I climbed a rock and named it my own!


Then climbed down when I realised it wasn't that stupendous. My wife took these shots.


Some of the buildings were built right over streams that run through the town.


Near a tattoo parlor we found this awesome ride.




The town is mountainous and most buildings had steep staircases up thin alleyways.


As we were leaving town my wife spotted this school.


It was not open but we were able to look around...


...and through the windows. There were wild raspberries everywhere and we helped ourselves to a few. They were a bit tart but tasty.


We went to "The Crab Shanty" and got the BEST crab cakes in Maryland.
On the way, we saw this deer getting a nosh on the side of the road. He would take a few mouthfuls then leap away. When it looked safe enough it would come back for more.




Why does youtube video look so crappy lately... when it finally uploads...?

6 comments:

MCF said...

Those tunnel shots are RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. Hello, new screensavers.

Great that you saw a deer, too. I'm not sure what's up with YouTube; I do notice smaller files translate better, and sometimes cutting the pixel resolution in half helps with mine. It may also be time to look into other flash sites. DailyMotion and Veoh both tend to have much crisper video qualities.

Jamie Dawn said...

What fun! I LOVE road trips!!!!
We are planning one the beginning of August, and I am so excited!!!!
That little town looks so quaint. I really enjoy places like that.
It's great that you had such a nice weekend.

Scott Roche said...

Loving that shot of the van thingy.

Rachel said...

What a fun trip!! You sure found some interesting things. Those pictures through the tunnel are neat! The deer is soooo cute!

RC said...

what a great trip...and your pics turned out awesome (as usual).

that picture with the mustang is really funny.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That was sure a nice road trip. I enjoyed looking at your pics and especially the one of the deer. I wonder what what in that well that it was feeding from? Somebody probably put corn in there just for the deer or maybe it was a water well.