Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Beautiful Day... of my own...

This past week MCF posted a bunch of pictures from one of his great outings on our little island. In the past we have explored together and had similarities if not downright identical photos. My little experiment was to go to a site he previously visited to see what I would find and how I would interpret the local through my lens. I also wanted to try out my new InfraRed filter (which I need to practice with). Long shutter speeds are needed so any movement is blurred. Enjoy the comparisons.

Oh, and lately youtube has been sucking. It keeps failing short 13 second clips although the same format went through previously without any problems.

View from the top.


"Now everyone say GARBAGE!"


Reflecting on the present.


Two versions of the same subject at different speeds. The first is a slower shutter with more light entering.




A "Flutter By"


NYC from the middle of LI.


IR photo experiment.




Life & Death.


Poli Nation


This was taken from about 30 feet up. There were thousands of fish along the shore. Minnows. But the video keeps failing the processing on youtube.


See that little dot just right of center?


That's him.


Another "Flutter By"


"AHHHHHH, I love the cool wind blowing through my feathers!"


Woah! Déjávu! Kind of...


And those darned guineas are in town...


That there is one fowl guinea! Click it to see the biggest mess since the platypus.

8 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

I enjoyed these very much.
I especially like the gull with the wind in his feathers!


Junie

Jamie Dawn said...

My favorite one is the pic with the caption about the
"cool wind flowing through my feathers."

That bird looks like he's having fun!!

carmilevy said...

This was a fantastic trip - obviously for you, but also for us. I felt like I was walking along with you, grabbing these memorable and creative views of a lovely day.

I spent a lot of time on LI when I was a kid. My aunt and uncle lived in Oceanside, and we'd drive down from Montreal a couple of times a year to spend time with them.

That's where I started experimenting with my very first SLR - a Minolta XG-1, if you can believe it. I'd toss b&w film in and go out shooting the neighborhood. I still have those photos in an album: I'm almost embarrassed to scan and post them!

b13 said...

Before going digital I learned on a Pentax K1000 then bought my own RICOH KR-10M paired with a Sigma 28-200mm lens. Had many fun years with that camera and still have it. Haven't shot with film in over 6 years :( But I love digital :) you can't beat the cost ;)

Rachel said...

What lovely pictures! This is a pretty place. We used to have guineas on the farm when I was growing up. They were good to let you know when someone was around!!

Ele ^_^ said...

Great! All wonderful photos and very nice experiment, I like that color! ^^

Darrell said...

You've triggered a flood of childhood memories. My grandfather used to keep chickens, including a number of guineas. I was always fascinated by them since they looked like aliens compared to the other "normal" chickens. I think your pics were the first guineas I'd seen in years. Damn, but they're ugly birds!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

WOW...I really enjoyed your photos and your captions.