Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Waders in the water...





I used to fish with my pop, and sometimes my brother, but haven't in a long while. I saw these fellows trying to catch diner off of the South shore of Long Island. They had nothing more than a chicken leg tied to a string and a net.

I don't know if I could bring myself to trust the fish we would catch so close to the shore. There are so many recreational crafts in the water with fuel and oil that the quality of the fish could not be too good. I'll stick with the "fish market" for now and maybe go to Tai Show for some sushi and saké.

5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for coming by and visiting...Jamie Dawn sure knows how to "tout" a girl...lol

I grew up in Great Neck about an eon or two before we even had heard of Sushi...It was even before World War 2....These Sushi places look quite lovely, I must admit, though I am not a raw fish or meat eater....I love that picture of the guy fishing....Imagining his line with a chocken leg is a wonderful image!

Darrell said...

Is that Barack Obama in the blue shirt?

b13 said...

HA-HA-HA!

"Taking back the beaches... one jellyfish at a time. Barack Obama for president. This message paid for by The Southern Conservative and is in no way affiliated with this blog. Patent pending and all that other junk too. Go out and vote 'ya wankas."

HA-HA-HA!

Jamie Dawn said...

We used to go fishing when I was growing up. What fun it was! We did some fishing last summer when my parents were out for a visit. We rented a pontoon and spent two days on a nearby lake. This post made me remember how much fun we had.

I also used to watch my dad clean the fish.
Eeeeew!

Have a good day!

Jamie Dawn said...

Hey! We must be online at the same time!!

I'm heading out to grocery shop. I won't be fishing for my dinner. :-)