Tuesday, August 07, 2007

WOW!!!

We had a BBQ at our office today that was grand. Good food, good, games, and great people. Although I did not win anything from the raffle I found out later that I did indeed win an award from a very kind blogger.



Thank you Junie for the very kind words! And thank you Christy Z. for starting such a wonderful award series. Be sure to check Christy Z.'s blog to keep these awards spreading :)

Junie says: "This is one of my more recent 'finds' in the blogging world. B13 is a full of fun blogger ,does great photography, and loves dogs and nature! It's always entertaining to visit this site." -kind words indeed :)

Picking 5 is tough so I will have a bit of honorable mentions at the end. I visit all of my "approved blogs" daily.


1. Creative Blogger Award: A tie: Skull-A-Day and Daily Monster (I love the messenger bag!) speak for themselves. But I always look forward to what they will create next. True artists in all that they do.


2. Inspirational Blogger Award: Fotografia Digital El Salvador always has images of beauty. The moment is always perfectly captured through this bloggers lens and crosses the language barrier.


3. Courageous Blogger Award: Although he uses a secret identity, MCF tells tales of his daily life and interactivity with family and friends. His blog is geeky, intelligent, fun, educational, and artistic. He got me into blogging and I've been hooked since reading his daily postings.


4. Thoughtful Blogger Award: Carmi has traveled the world and shared his travels with us. I have always seen his blog end with "Your turn" and he wants to hear from his readers. His discussions are both insightful and educational. Read his profile. We should all be more like him.


5. Charity Blogger Award: Why write something when someone else says it so well?
Denise Flaim "...a Newsday staffer since 1994, covers companion animals – not pets -- every Monday in her Animal House column. Denise is owned by two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and is involved in breeding, conformation (code for "dog shows"), lure-coursing (don’t worry, no one else knows what that is, either), obedience, agility and therapy-dog work. She is the historian of the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States, and author of "The Holistic Dog Book: Canine Care for the 21st Century" (Wiley, 2003) and "Getting Lucky: How One Special Dog Found Love and a Second Chance at Angel’s Gate" (Stewart, Tabori and Chang, 2005)." I love both her column and her blog. She has helped get much needed information to the public regarding all news that relates to our greatest companions.

Honorable mentions go to:
Junie's Place: Without her none of this could be possible ;)
Bulletproof Bracelets: Always a conversation starter :)
Jamie Dawn's Mindless Blather Living the redneck life :)
Sempliciscatti: More wonderful photos :)
Restless Photography: Even more wonderful photos :)
South Con: Great posts each and every day... or so ;)
Swimming in Champaign: Raunchy and comical. The best of both worlds.

Keep it up everyone!

5 comments:

MCF said...

Thanks for the nomination! I take pride in the fact that I got you hooked on blogging; I still remember that first conversation in town when I told you what I do and it seemed insane to you("So ya just write stuff and anybody can read it?")

I'm pretty sure you've since exceeded my audience and sometimes even post more than once a day; it is addictive. Keep up the good work brutha! :)

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your award!! You are deserving!!

carmilevy said...

I am touched, humbled and honored by your recognition. Indeed, I barely hold a candle to your inspirational work, and to the inspirational work of your nominees. Yet it's such a joy to know that I can reach out and touch folks with words and images.

As do you. I love being part of this community.

Thank you so much.

Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for honorably mentioning me.
Junie Rose is truly a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.