Saturday, December 13, 2008

Joseph is numb...

Known for thirty-some-odd years. Ending on a day of tears. Playing on the swings and slides. Crash through waves of rolling tides. Hanging at the park all summer. Baseball fields and football fumbles. Dating girls and drinking beers. All through high school and college years. Teasing if the Bears don't win. Sharing all our guilt and sin. Starting mosh pits at the bars. Metro, Feb's, clubs near and far. Basement parties with Our Foundation. Mix tapes, movies, degeneration. Woodstock! Laying under stars. Discussing Camaros and other cars. Concerts committee at NCsquared. Mess with us? No one dared. Comic shops and the Franklin Quad. Girlfriends with their killer bods. A&S bagels, Taco Bell, 151 and Tequila hell. Pool halls on a Friday night. Got your back in any fight. Brothers till the very end. Again we'll meet; not now, but then.



Today I lost a friend that would give the world to help anyone that needed it. Not a day will go by where you will not be thought of. Words can not express how many lives you touched or how much you will be missed. Rest in peace my brother. Rest in peace.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it. That is a beautiful poem, but it still doesn't do justice to the type of friend Anthony was. I've seen him only a handful of times since high school, but I know that if I needed his help, I could have called and even after all these years he would have done what he could to help. A part of my heart is broken. Rest in Peace my friend. Your time was cut too short.

Carletta said...

You are in my prayers Dear Joseph.
Your words are a beautiful tribute to Anthony.
I hope your memories somehow give you some comfort in your grief.
((hugs))

Elin said...

I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

Dude, this is extremely sad. I can't wait until we're done with death.

The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you
The Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you peace.

JunieRose2005 said...

I'm so very sorry for this!

Hold tight your good memories of your dear friend!


Hugs))


Junie

carmilevy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. We lost a friend this week as well - sadly, to suicide. I feel as if I'm tumbling through life until I can figure out how to accept this wrenching loss.

Praying for you. Praying for him.

Fenway said...

Beautiful tribute and I'm so very sorry you lost someone who filled your heart with so much love.

Mimi said...

I was stopping by from Camera Critters & wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

Words from a stranger seem inadequate, but they are heartfelt.