Sunday, December 07, 2008

A light powder creates havoc...

I don't get it... My daily driver is a '94 Celica and I can plow through a foot of snow without any problems. But, while we were driving home in our Tribute from Gettysburg, PA, we encountered snow... a whole quarter of an INCH... and what should have taken 4 hours became a seven hour ordeal. There was a bit of ice under that minute amount of powder.

There were trucks in ravines, pickups flipped over, multi-car collisions, torn up dividers and SLOOOOOOW moving traffic. I was a bad photographer and did not have my camera at the ready for the carnage and most was on the opposite side of the road. We couldn't get over 25 miles an hour and at one point we were debating whether we should stop at a hotel for the night.

We made it home but I wanted to share some of the ride with you. The snow followed us the entire way and the beasts are now frolicking in the backyard and getting quite messy.

Our navigator was quite diligent...


This was the worst it looked...


These dudes were MOVING out there...




Night fell...


And slow shutters clicked...


I'm home in a warm house now... and the snow continues to fall.
I'll see what morning brings.

5 comments:

Lapa37 said...

That is the cutest driver I have ever seen.

Fenway said...

Devon might have been able to clear the NJ Turnpike for you if you turned her loose with those Mad Teeth.

ShannonW said...

I like Celica's and your driver is rather adorable.

Anonymous said...

The last photo was great! The others make me cringe and wish I lived in Florida!!! We had a "dusting" of snow yesterday and the wind gusts today (Northern Virginia) are up to 50mph. Brrr.

Your pup is adorable! And, thanks for the shoutout and link to the ASPCA video.

Anonymous said...

LOL love the door driving photo