Sunday, March 30, 2008

What's on your hard drive?...

It may not look like one to you, but this is a hard drive... actually the inside of a hard drive. This one obviously isn't working anymore... but I like the artistry of circuit boards and tech "thingies" so I took it apart and it now acts as a sculpture on my desk at work. The platters of a hard drive have a mirror finish and this one was reflecting the plants on my windowsill. I focused on the plants reflected in the platter and the drive itself became out of focus. I liked the results :)





Funny story... One of our old IT people saw this on my desk and asked "What's that?" So I replied that "the new G5 was making some grinding noise... so I popped open the shell and yanked this out. Been quiet ever since." Her look of fright was priceless :)

4 comments:

The Early Bird said...

It's a interesting picture,isn't it.
thx.

Ming the Merciless said...

Cool photo! Initially, I thought it was a peek-a-boo photo from a broken object with a hole in the middle of it.

Carletta said...

Nice shot - love the light!

Nestor Family said...

This is pretty funny, really... and I REALLY liked the bridge photos from your last post... very cool!