Wednesday, June 04, 2008

California... Day 5... Part 2 of 2...

This town was all about hot babes, muscles, cruising down the boulevard, and out of shape tourists like me.


This is what it all about. Fun in the sun.


Then you find the guy in a leather jacket checking his pictures on a 1" screen. I love candids :)


I had been talking about wanting one of these recently and then I saw it... I've got to get me one of those!


I've REALLY got to get me one of those!


The town had some really nice shops and architecture.


And we even found a mini-me version of Chance is a Harley shop. And yes, the chicks in the shop let Chance in and adored him.


As we were gearing up to leave we noticed the seedy back streets of this lovely town.


And this image pretty much sums up my vacation. Odd.


At this point we heard that our ailing Chili-pep took a turn for the worst. We left early on Monday to return home and bury our dear companion.

Don't laugh... but upon arriving home to bury our Schipperke, Chi, I found an empty peanut butter container in my driveway. My wife later pointed out that it was a container of Skippy. A sign that he is still with us? And he lived to be 13... That number just keeps on popping up in my life. Maybe I'll wait thirteen years before vacationing again.

4 comments:

Carletta said...

I love that 57 Chevy in my favorite blue!
The architecture shot was very appealing as was chance and his mini! He is such a well behaved puppy.
That last photo is priceless.
A great post today - lots of stuff.

Fenway said...

Maybe that silly dude was writing his Great American Novel on his phone, huh?

Love Chance. He's so perfect.

And more sadness about Chili. Yes, the Skippy jar has to be a message from him. : (

He's still standing guard duty.

Ming the Merciless said...

I've been to CA/LA over a dozen times and haven't done as much as you did in one trip. All I do there is eat and sleep since I have family there.

BTW, love the last two photos. Classic LA scene.

Anonymous said...

Love the Can Am's. I want one too!