Sunday, December 30, 2007

Twin American Maples...

We had two tree-mendous (sorry) trees in my yard that were hollowed out from squirrel inhabitants. It was a set of trees connected at the base where squirrel babies and puppies played and lived.

I worried with each heavy wind storm or snowfall that they would fall on my neighbor's or my own house.

Today will begin a five day series of the trees being removed. Each day has five photos. I hope you enjoy the shots.

The "twins" tower above the second floor of our house.


Precision cuts, and well placed ropes quickly strip the trunks...


...and send the branches below...


...to two waiting hardhats that move the carved wood...


...to the chipper!

1 comment:

myonlyphoto said...

bf13 I thought I start from this post, as I scanned throug the beginning of the tree cutting procedure. I hate when trees are being cut down, but then sometimes they have to - like in your case. Its been long time since my last visit, happy new year. Anna :)