Friday, September 07, 2007

The DJ Tay Review...

First off... EXCELLENT selections! I can definitely see Taylor going into radio. Does he do any pod casts on the net?

I took a drive to help a friend move some French doors and listened to the CD that I won on the way. Luckily I had a CD player that plays mp3s. The CD was one track that clocked in just over an hour and five minutes. What freaked me out was when I looked at the player to advance through a track the name of the track is tagged as "Watching You Die" with the artist as "Jonah33"...



I looked around to make sure a rogue trucker wasn't barreling down on an unsuspecting "me."

Anyway...
The track started with Queen and got progressively heavier as I drove along. I tried to drive leisurely at 65mph which was working for a bit through Steely Dan, Guns & Roses, Toto, and Black Sabbath (all along the way there were cool tidbits of info about the bands interspersed between songs.)

The songs got heavier and advanced through Yngwie Malmsteen, Pantera's "Cemetery Gates," and Nevermore.

Then a driver in a Plymouth caravan drove up on my bumper and lingered there before swerving into the lane next to me and glared at me as he passed on my right.

I thought to myself... "Oh no he did NOT!" As DragonForce kicked in to gear I estimated that the caravan was a quarter of a mile ahead of me. I gunned the gas and screamed up to just over *****mph (what, you want me to incriminate myself? Use your imagination) and as I passed him I made a surprised look... ah-la-Jamie Dawn.



He glanced to his left and did a double take as I passed him... the look of shock seemed to be in slow motion and was priceless... and then he exited in disgrace at the next turnoff.

King's X, My Chemical Romance, and The Showdown rounded out the set and made this an enjoyable drive.

I had not heard of The Showdown before but really like them, so thank you for introducing me to something new :)

Some bands that Tay probably already enjoys... but if not, he should check out... Hatebreed, Sworn Enemy, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, 3 Inches of Blood, and Mindless Self Indulgence.

6 comments:

MCF said...

An hour five driving at your speeds(65 is "leisurely" lol). Stretch must live far.

Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the CD. He must have recorded Jonah 33 on that CD before. Watching You Die - how freaky!!! You probably thought it was a cursed CD.

I'll ask Tay if he knows of those bands you suggested.
Currently he REALLY likes Avenged Sevenfold.
I guess Synyster Gates is a guitar god.
We watched their DVD that recently came out. Taylor loves my reactions to their hitonious language and tattoos. It's all fun!

When Taylor finishes his demo of original songs, I'll mail you a copy. The kid is an awesome guitar player and a good singer too. He writes some incredible music if I do say so myself!!

I hope you wear a seatbelt, b13.

b13 said...

I thought you were "Final Destination"ing my a$$ ;)

I look forward to the original stuff :)

And I always wear a seatbelt after my accident in 1992.

Rachel said...

Glad you enjoyed that CD!! I won a postcard from Alabama!!

Better watch that speed. Sounds like you almost got ran over!! :)

RC said...

how fun is that.

i have some friends who love the showdown.

i guess they have a new fan now.

sounds fun!

Jamie Dawn said...

I just saw the pics from your car accident.
How scary!
I'm sure glad you survived to tell the tale.