Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ever wonder?...

I never thought that my wife and I would deliver babies. Not in that way... but, like a doctor. This was our second litter and your heart races as if it is your first... every time!

I say "every time" because each pup comes out in its own placenta. If breach (rear legs first) you have to help the pup along so that it can get out and start breathing. With all the pups, you have to clear the nasal passage, rub off the after birth, tie off the umbilical cord and snip away the excess... all the while, mamma-dog is trying to help you too.

And while all that happens I still marvel how a creature, that was just breathing liquid, takes its first breath out of the womb. Life is just too perfect to have happened by chance.

And so the first was born...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It is quite amazing isn't it?? Life is too perfect to have happened by chance.

I'm glad you and your wife were there to help her with all those babies.

RC said...

wow...that's amazing, and i love your reflection on the experience.

Jamie Dawn said...

This is WAY cool!!!!!
I'm loving all the puppy pics.
This post and photo is powerful!
Life is a wonder!!!!