Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eternal sleep...

This is a grave discussion (sorry) that needs to be spoken about with loved ones; before it's too late. I'm still deciding.

Burial(above or below) with embalming... cremation with scattered or buried ashes... I'm leaning toward the latter.

I found this old cemetery surrounded by houses on a country-like road. Most stones were weathered. Some were broken. Some were dated from the late 1800s.

This stone was new. A replacement as the burial dates were quite old.


When I saw this one, the only word that came to mind was scarred.


Have you decided?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I've always said I was going to be a cremation kind of girl. I know it sounds a little morbid - and I most certainly don't want to be kept on a fireplace or anything. I want to be scattered over someplace beautiful. But the burial thing is so expensive and not the kind of financial burden I would want to leave on those I left behind.

So just my own opinon though.