Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lake Grove historical barn...

This barn sits on a a residential road with houses on either side. The property seemed to be 200 feet wide and then a few hundred feet back.


It is not in the best condition and tools are hanging in front for visitors to see.


I'm sure this was used to grab hay bales... but I'm not sure of the name of the tool.


If you hang a horseshoe this way... doesn't all the luck run out of it? I thought it was supposed to hang like a "U".


That is one old rake.

4 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

That's a neat looking old barn.
That rake would miss more leaves than it raked.

Ming the Merciless said...

Look like instruments of torture at Elm Street. :-)

Where is Jason when you need him.

Oswegan said...

Nice shots!

The part of Lake Oswego I live in is called Lake Grove and my original blog was called "Getting Into the Grove."

Cool beans.

JunieRose2005 said...

Cool pictures! My husband and I both love old barns and farm tools!
LOL- In fact, Charles has a collection of old farm empliments on a wooden wall in our side yard.
(I call it 'The Wall!')


In fact, every summer when we make our trip back for his family reunion in (*NORTH) Alabama, my main quest is in finding old barns to photograph!

I have a lot of pictures scattered throughout my blog!

ref: *North!

I bet you didn't know there was any such thing as 'North Alabama!' hahaha


Junie