Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's St. Patrick's Day...

And we are not Irish. My wife and I are, as my father-in-law states, a crooked Italian and a money hungry Jew (There is NOTHING more powerful! MWAA-HA-HA-HA) Sorry... So why does she feel the need to make corned beef and cabbage for dinner? She wanted to pick up the corned beef that was on sale for 99¢ per pound. I insisted that if she wants to do this we do it right. So we spent a few more duckets and got the Boar's Head brand. And I made sure to have some beer on hand. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

Oh, and top-o-the-mornin' to ya'! Have some cabbage.


UPDATE: Corned Beef boiled for 3 hours. Added in cabbage, carrots, onions, and turnips. Had some Dijon on the side and it was PERFECT!!! MAn I love my wife. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds good, but I doubt if I have any cabbage today! I never even thought about having anything different for St. Paddy's day! Enjoy!!

Jamie Dawn said...

I spoke to my parents earlier and they had corned beef and cabbage also, to, in addition, as well.
We had roast beef and potatoes.
Your meal sounds yummy!!