Thursday, March 29, 2007

Two things today...

Yesterday I mentioned inspiration. I was inspired by a video that I had seen MCF attempt after watching a video that the Greek had created. But the two videos we had watched just weren’t FAST ENOUGH for me. I have a lead foot.

Now, without incriminating myself, I sped this film up by about 250% from its original speed; making a 20 minute drive take about 5 minutes. I’m estimating that some stretches convert to over 200mph. I hope you enjoy it... And maybe this can shed some light on a previous perilous answer. So turn the volume up and enjoy...especially the end.



And I didn’t forget today’s picture...


And hat tip to Swimming in Champaign for this:

6 comments:

MCF said...

He's lying, folks. Having been in a car with B13 before, I'm pretty sure the film is slowed down if anything. ;)

Junk came out awesome, and I totally recognized one of the exits since I play a gig there every St. Paddy's Day in my band leader's home town.

Looks like this driving video thing is going to become a trend...

b13 said...

If my wife and I were not talking in the car I would have loved to include the reving engine and exhaust sounds. That will have to go in the next video.

b13 said...

"knock on wood" I havent had any in quite a many years. And remember I sped that up quite a bit.

If you recorded an hour and tripled the speed you could cut it down to 15 minutes... however I thought I was pushing it with 5.

Glad you enjoyed it though... and now you can have a little more insight in to some of MCFs stories ;)

Darrell said...

HOLY CRAP!

So much to comment on.

When you pulled up behind the Jeep and stopped about this close to it (__) I nearly barfed. (It's at about the 50-seconds-left point in the video.)

Trivium is a damn good band, and "The Crusade" is an outstanding album. The title track instrumental and "To The Rats" are my favorite tracks off the top of my head.

Did you give your signal every time you made a lane change? I'm a nervous rider and I seriously doubt I could ride with you without closing my eyes.

I might tape my own ride to work and put together a vid, too. I think it's a good trend. We should turn this into a "YouTube meme" or something.

And thanks for the camera info from my other comment, too!

b13 said...

I'm pretty sure that I signaled every time and although I am an aggressive driver I do think I am a careful one. I have caught myself lane changing with out signaling, but rarely if there are other cars around.

Regarding Trivium, when I was first told about them they were described as "what Metallica would have become if they stayed the course" and I can totally agree. They are to metal what Metallica was when "Kill 'em all" was released back in the day.

b13 said...

Don't you love the good ol' days Rey?