Thursday, March 22, 2007

R2 spotted in NY suburb...

While at lunch a friend of mine said something to the extent of "Oh snap! It's R2-D2!" We looked over to see the coolest mailbox ever created.






After returning to work I checked out the link on the box which only added to the suspense. Will there be a Star Wars Stamp? Will the mail now be delivered by Tie-Fighter? Will they have light saber letter openers? Only time will tell.

I was hoping to get these posted first but MCF informed me that Big Orange Michael beat me to the punch. He says "Seems the U.S. Postal Service has wrapped a little over 300 post office boxes with an R2-D2 cover to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the original Star Wars." However upon close inspection, the NY R2 seemed to be airbrushed and not a "skin" of some sort. His pictures are yet to come but I hope to see them soon.

An R2-D2 mailbox... the force is strong in this one.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is one cool mailbox!!

RC said...

that's a very cool mail box.

i bet star wars fans across america get fined for mail fraud when they steal these for their personal collections!

MCF said...

Wow, those pictures came out great, and I saw the thing IRL too!

The Unseen One said...

Now THAT was just too cool! Excellent find, sir!

Jamie Dawn said...

I LOVE that mailbox!!!!

I'd like to see a Yoda mailbox.
"Mail that you will."