Thursday, March 01, 2007

A novel idea...

About seven or eight months ago I began visiting my friends blog and found a side of him I did not know about. On a daily basis I saw the world through his eyes thought to myself what better way to get some of my photos seen and show people my vision.

When I started posting I said up front that I would post occasionally... when I could. As time passed I found a small group of people that enjoyed my shots and my stories. I also found an outlet so that I can entertain others. I've learned some html, nod to MCF, and have started to list more and more blogs that I like to frequent. Many of them are quite entertaining.

I have decided to take a leap of faith and see if I can be a little more committed. I will be attempting to post more frequently. I will try to post an image a day and have begun to carry my camera around with me a bit more. If a day goes by where I can't find an entertaining, interesting, funny, beautiful, (insert adjective here), photo... I will at least try to post something to keep the blog fresh for visitors new and old.

And a new chapter begins. I took my camera today and nothing really caught my eye... until... On the way home from work I realized that I had forgotten to mail my bills. So I made a pit stop on the way home. While waiting at a red light I looked to the driver next to me and I see him pointing at something. I follow his finger and see this:


Sometimes you just have to love the town hooligans :) Let's see what tomorrow may bring.

2 comments:

MCF said...

You decide to take a photo a day, and not only do you find that sign, but the guy in the next car points it out to you? Awesome. Talk about a sign!

Darrell said...

That's classic. When I was young and (more) irresponsible, me and a couple of friends of mine used to love changing the letters on those signs. Hooligans that we were. I remember once leaving a Dairy Queen where the weekly advertised special was no longer mentioned on the sign, instead there was this message: We blo homos."

Not that I'm proud of my role in that.