Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cali... Day 2...

So, the main reason my wife went to California was for... what else... dog shows. We had our boy Chance entered, as well as Cayenne (from Cali) and a dog that my wife co-owns (Toddy).

Toddy won big that day :)


And Ella's sister Cayenne did rather well too :)


Mid-day, I took a nap and slept through a hail storm... NO JOKE! High winds picked up the canopies at the show ground and hail pelted the people and dogs. I woke up to the wife bursting into the hotel room after running through the rain and hail.

Afterwards, I found some escargot...


This should have been a "WIIF?"


They were everywhere...


I looked up and my eye caught this interesting scene...


...as well as this one.


This day was my wifes' and I knew the Border Collie specialty would take up quite a bit of the day. So off on another trek through the mountains.


This time we came across some scary-tight roads that brought me to the above dam. We didn't want to traverse these roads in the dark so we turned around and this time put the right info into the GPS.


Oh, and the reason we came to CA...

Chance received an Award of Merit at the Border Collie Specialty. A high honor indeed :)

4 comments:

Carletta said...

Congrats proud papa!
Lovely fluffy puppies - and a snail is a snail - no fancy words can change the "slime" of things. I would have guessed chicken skin -they are great pictures though.

I'm loving my virtual vacation to CA - can't wait to see where we're going tomorrow :)

timtim said...

Wow! Winning dogs everywhere! Congrats! The snail shots are cool. No one would have EVER gotten that as a WIIF.

Oswegan said...

That snail looks like good eatin. Hope you had fun in Cali. I'm heading down on Sunday.

Fenway said...

LOVE the snails!

And those are terrific show pics. Both your wife and Chance look ELEGANT. Glad he came through for you with that very special recognition.