Saturday, May 31, 2008

California... Day 4... Part 1 of 3...

I told you I have a lot of shots...
And I told you she was showing dogs... every day... dogs...

"Just a leeeetle bit closer and your soul will be miiiiiine!"


I just couldn't get over this wonderful eye.


Ok, so we were on the road by noon and heading toward Joshua Tree National Park. Maybe someone can shed some light as to why there is a Mammoth on the side of a mountain. I'm assuming that fossils are found in them thar' hills...


Everyday, up until now, consisted of clouds.


I wish they would set these up in the Long Island Sound already. I found them quite relaxing.


The park is beautiful and caters to rock climbers.


There are trails to wander on and many sights to see. Unfortunately my wife feared having to drag ourselves out if the desert with rattlesnake bites... so we didn't wander to far. (The day after this trek a woman at the dog show with a dalmatian was telling me that her dog was bit by a rattler... while we were out on our hike. He was given antivenin and was ok. It was actually the second time the dog had been bit in two years!)


Waggy leaves one behind for Hollywood. Take that!


Even in this arid land the ground is teaming with life. I wish we could have stayed till dark to see some REAL wildlife.


I was told that these Joshua trees only grow in this area of the world at around 2,000-6,000 feet above sea level. They thrive in the area that is the park.


Enjoy the desktop image...


Our vacation starts to look up.


Come again tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I love the Joshua trees. Looks like at least one day on your vacation was pretty decent.

As for the Mammoth, I'm fairly sure that there are fossils around there. The La Brea Tar Pits are right near HW.

Had I known you were heading out that way I would have told you HW was pretty much a dump. My BIL used to live in the LA area my hubby and I took a side trip to HW one Christmas. The best part of the trip was going to the Tar Pits and eating Pinks hot dogs.

Rachel said...

That is so great that you got out and about to see the countryside some. Far better than what the city had to offer!!

Those rocks look great for rock climbing, but with rattlesnakes in the area....I think I'd pass!

I wish you could have visited Naomi while you were there or at least talked with her on the phone. That would have made your trip even better! She is such a sweet dear lady.

Carletta said...

Wow - some fantastic images!

I had to smile at the wind turbine shot - on my way to my son's (I'm on his cp, yeah) I saw three semi's each carrying one wing of one of these.

Love the family photo complete with
puppy kisses!

Fenway said...

Great pics of the desert. Chance gave his comment to H'wood— "Let Brown Do It!"

Jamie Dawn said...

Love that last shot of your family!!

Your quote for the first photo really cracked me up!
Those glowing eyes do look quite mesmerizing.